No overload for method save takes four arguments (Aspose.Words 9.1.0.0)

Hi
We currently have a license for Aspose.Total and are running version 6.0.1.0
At this moment we are looking to see if we can upgrade to the latest version.
In our projects we save documents to the response so the user can open the document.

doc.Save("document.doc", SaveFormat.Doc, SaveType.OpenInWord, Response);

When we include the new Aspose.Words it tells us that:
No overload for method save takes four arguments
But if we look in the documentation this overload should still be there?
Any ideas?
Best regards Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Words. Please try removing old reference from your project and add new reference to new Aspose.Words dll, and recompile your project.
Hope this helps.
Best regards,

Also you should note SaveType.OpenInWord has been changed to SaveType.OpenInApplication. In this case please try modifying your code.
Best regards,

Hi,
I guess my problem is the same as the problem here:
<A href="https://forum.aspose.com/t/67806

We hope that this isue is resolved, soon.

best regards

PAtrick

Hi

Thank you for additional information. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is fixed. As a temporary workaround you can try using the code provided in thread you have found.
Best regards,

.NET 3.5 Client Profile excludes System.Web and therefore HttpResponse is not available. This is entirely by design. Use the Aspose.Words.dll for full .NET 3.5…

Hi all,

.NET 3.5 Client Profile excludes System.Web and therefore HttpResponse is not available. This is entirely by design. Use the Aspose.Words.dll for full .NET 3.5…

I am picking up this thread again because I have the this error with the demos “Aspose.Words.NET.Samples.zip”

Taken this example: …\Aspose.Words.NET.Samples\ Samples\ Examples\ CSharp

In the example is the aspose.words.dll missing. I have taken it from C:\Program Files\Aspose\Aspose.Words for .NET\InstallHelper.
File Version : 9.7.0

I have a project in net 3.5 I tried all dll’s in the bin\ folders net3.5 but I have always the same error.
No overload for method Save takes 4 arguments.

doc.Save(Response, "PersonalizedLetter Out.doc", ContentDisposition.Inline, null);

Which dll do I have to use?

thanks for your help

regards

Siegfried

Hi

Thank you for additional information. ASP.NET applications work under .NET 1.1 or .NET 2.0. To make sure, please check IIS settings. As you can see you can select only .NET 1.1 or .NET 2.0 . .NET 3.5 Client Profile HttpResponse is not available. This is entirely by design.
In your case, you should use Aspose.Words for .NET 2.0 in your ASP net application.
There are versions of Aspose.Words for each framework, i.e for .NET 1.1, NET 2.0 and NET 3.5, you can find them in" C:\Program Files\Aspose\Aspose.Words for .NET\bin" folder.
Best regards,

Hi Andrey,

the Aspose Word component has do convert html to word and pdf. In one go around 50-200 documents. During the day appprox 2500 - 3000 documents

During the conversion I have to modify the data and replace variables with data and add formatings.

This Process willl run in an Microsoft WCF Service on an Windows Server.
An ASP.NET Web Page is connected to this service.

The Service itself is multithreading, means the Aspose Word component has to work with this multithreading as well.

The service should be in NET 3.5. Otherwise I have to modify several parts in the code and place it in another project.

Can I give it a try?

thanks

Siegfried

Hi
Thanks for your request. You do not need to change anything in your project. You should just add reference to another Aspose.Words.dll as Andrey suggested.
Best regards,