Opening xls exported from Crystal Reports

Hi,

I have created report with Crystal Reports and exported it as excel with Crystal Reports Java SDK. When I try to open the file with Aspose.Cells I get following exception:

Exception in thread “main” com.aspose.cells.CellsException: Can not find WINDOW2
at com.aspose.cells.gg.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.gg.b(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.gg.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.Workbook.q(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.Workbook.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.Workbook.open(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.Workbook.open(Unknown Source)

File opens correctly with Excel. Interesting thing is that if I save the file from Excel and try to open it after that with Aspose it works fine. I tried to find a solution to fix the problem but couldn’t find any. Has anyone stumbled similar exception?

- Kalle

Hi,

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Please share your template excel file here. We will check your issue and get back to you soon.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Thanks for quick reply. Problematic excel file is attached.

Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for sharing the template file.

We have found your mentioned issue after an initial test. We will look into it and get back to you soon. Your issue has been registered in our internal issue tracking system with issue id: CELLSJAVA-17284.

Hi,

Please try the attached version, we have fixed your mentioned issue.

Thank you.

Yep. Now it exports nicely. Thanks for quick fix!

One other thing I noticed now. The Excel document I attached contains a chart. This chart is exported as jpeg but html contains no reference to it. Am I only missing an export option or is this an another bug?

Other images are working because I tried adding a sub report to main report before exporting and it is exported as image that is referenced from html.

Br, Kalle

Hi,

You mean to say that when you save the workbook as HTML format using the Aspose.Cells for Java component, the chart image i.e…, “Picture 1025” is not rendered in the generated html file?

Thanks for the confirmation.

In other words yes.

After exporting the ExportTest.xls to html destination folder contains subfolder ExportTest_files where I can find my chart as image image1.jpeg. When reading generated html code ExportTest.html there is no reference to image.

Br, Kalle

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

We will soon look into it and get back to you soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Please try the attached latest version. We have fixed the issue of images when exporting file as html.

Hello!

Yes, it works fine. Many thanks! These fixes are still unofficial aren’t they? Are you going to make them official with next release?

Br, Kalle

ps. I have to say that I’m quite impressed with the speed of your
support.

Hi, <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for the feedback.

Well, you can use this fix (Aspose.Cells for Java v2.2.1.8) as an official release. It is an intermediate kind of version which is provided as a fix against some bugs. Normally, a bug fix version is posted in the support forums. You can use this fix for your requirements as long as you wish; it will behave like an official release. Moreover, it is to be noted here, our next official release would include all the functionalities of the previous fixes (including all the intermediate versions till the next official release).

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 17284) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.