8.1 .NET Paper Tray Problem

We’re currently experiencing problems when printing to specific paper trays from a Word template. The document is set up to print on Tray 2 and if we print outside of Aspose, there is no problem.

But after a ASPOSE mailmerge and it is printed from ASPOSE it takes the default paper tray.

We have tried on a HP4015X and a HP8150. It does not work on either.

Your help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Best regards

Dan

This message was posted using Aspose.Live 2 Forum

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your request. Could you please attach your document here for testing? I will check the issue and provide you more information.

Best regards.

I have attached the template for which we are experiencing problems.

It is setup to print on tray 2 on a HP4015X

Thanks,

Dan

Hi

Thank you for additional information. Currently Aspose.Words supports printing from tray listed in PaperTray enum.
Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified once printing from trays is fully supported.

Best regards.

If only we could modify the XPS rendered by Aspose.Words and set the correct trays manually, but the rendering process doesn’t seem to preserve unsupported paper trays. A word template with 3 papes, each set to print from a different tray, result in a single PrintTicket (for the default tray) in the generated XPS.

If we save the merged document from Aspose.Words as a Word document the information about the HP printer trays are preserved, but then we have a problem getting the document printed.

Although Dan is no longer with the project, we’re still very interested in a fix to this problem (or atleast a usefull workaround), since our only option at this time is, to install Word on the server and use Word COM/OLE automation to print the merged document, which kindda defeats the purpose of using Aspose.Words in the first place.

Kind Regards,
Erik

Hi Erik,

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, the issue is still unresolved. I added your request to my monthly report, this should push the issue up in the priority list.

Maybe as a workaround, you can try using code as shown here:

https://forum.aspose.com/t/86340

Please let me know how it goes on your side.

Best regards.

Dear Alexey,

We have the same problem and our customer is severely affected by it. The workaround apparently decreases the performance noticeably, which is a problem in this case since the customer has to “batch print” a number of documents in a short time.

Maybe this would push the priority of this issue a bit higher.

Thank you!

Boyko Ivanov

Hi

Thank you for reporting this problem to us. I will let you know once there is some progress regarding this issue. I added this issue as a “need to be fixed” in my last monthly report. This should push the issue up in the priority list.

Best regards.

Hi

Do you have a fix for this issue yet, I have a requirement from my users to print different documents on different colour paper which is stored in different trays in the same printer. I made the, wrong, assumption that this would be standard functionality when I recently purchased Aspose.Words…

Hi

Thanks for your request. unfortunately, the original issue is still unresolved. However, one of our customers, who also experienced the same problem, managed to create a working workaround. He posted his code here:

https://forum.aspose.com/t/81962

Maybe you can try reuse his code in order to temporary work this problem around.

My apologizes for inconvenience.

Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 10223) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)