PDF Kit- concatenate fails- trailer object is null

When attempting to concatenate these two files, exception is thrown: trailer object is null

License _lic = new License();
_lic.SetLicense(@“Aspose.Pdf.Kit.lic”);

PdfFileEditor _editor = new PdfFileEditor();
_editor.Concatenate(new string[] {
@“IL-76-0002-0903-0907.pdf”, @“NI-76-0002-0903-0907.pdf”
},
@“Concatenated.pdf”);

Please help as this is in our production environment.

Thanks.

Hi Nou,

Thank you very much for considering Aspose.

I have tested this issue at my end and couldn’t reproduce “trailer object is null” kind of exception. In fact, the files were concatenated, although the output file is not opening and giving error message: “…not a supported file type or the file is damaged…”.

Can you please share some other details regarding the exception you’re having at your end? For example, System specs and OS details. Also, the .NET version you’re using. This will help us understand the problem and resolve the issue.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hi,

Can you test with this executable, I'm getting the error:

System.NullReferenceException: Trailer object is null.: v3.5.0.0
at Aspose.Pdf.Kit.PdfFileEditor.x4c788cf08ce3235c(String[] xec232eb93dd022a7)
at Aspose.Pdf.Kit.PdfFileEditor.Concatenate(String[] inputFiles, String outputFile)
at PDFTrailerTest.Program.Main(String[] args) in c:\PDFTrailerTest\PDFTrailerTest\PDFTrailerTest\Program.cs:line 32

usage: PDFTrailerTest.exe IL-76-0002-0903-0907.pdf NI-76-0002-0903-0907.pdf

if successful, will output "Concatenated-lock.pdf"

Thanks.

Hi Nou,

I have again tested this issue at my end and logged it as PDFKITNET-9917 in our issue tracking system. The sample you provided shows the ‘trailer object is null’ error, however at my end the concatenate method is generating the 0 byte output. Our development team will be looking into the matter and you’ll be updated accordingly via this forum.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hi,

Do you have any update on this issue?

Thank you,

Nou

Hi Nou,

I have contacted our development team regarding this matter and you’ll be updated with the response the earliest possible.

Regards,

Hi Nou,

The issue with the id PDFKITNET-9917 is resolved. The fix will be included in the October release due at the end of October 2009.

If you have any other questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

Hi,

Has this been released? What is the version #?

Thanks,
Nou

Hi Nou,

The new release will be published tomorrow.

If you have any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 9917) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.