Aspose.Words 6.2.0.0 no longer supports our docx- wordml- doc and RTF documents

We are using Aspose.Words 6.x.0.0 to convert MS-Word documents to PDF format using the built-in ‘save as PDF’ functionality. Unfortunately, what worked fine in Aspose.Words 6.1.0.0 causes an error in 6.2.0.0.
We are becoming seriously concerned now as we already had to push back the release of our commercial product due to severe memory leaks (<A href=") and now we cannot apply the supposed patch due to this issue. Is there any chance we can be given a hot fix or do we need to wait another month before we get something that is hopefully stable?
We currently cannot convert our test documents in the following formats. (See attached)

• Word 2007 .docx
  • Word 2003 WordML
  • Word 97-2003 .doc
  • RTF file

the following formats still work:

• MHT file generated in IE
  • regular html file
  • Regular TXT files

The exact same documents worked fine in release 6.1.0.0
All result in exactly the same error

*File ‘<http://portal.dev.muhimbi.local/sites/PDFConverterTest/Test> Conversion Docs No CO no WF/Individual Test Docs/MS-Word 2007 docx test file.docx’: An unexpected error occurred during conversion. - Object reference not set to an instance of an object. - at 㘵.㧹.㨈(㧬 㝐)*
*at ᚨ.㫍.get_㫎()*
*at 㨖.㲈.㪵(㫍 㝐)*
*at ᚨ.㫍.᪡(㪴 Մ)*
*at 㨖.㲈.㩀(㫍 㲓, Ӣ 㯙)*
*at Aspose.Words.Document.SaveToPdf(Int32 pageIndex, Int32 pageCount, Stream stream, PdfOptions options)*
*at Aspose.Words.Document.ԗ(Stream ԑ, String ԏ, SaveFormat Ԙ)*
*at Muhimbi.SharePoint.DocumentConverter.PDF.WordConverter.ConvertToPDF(Stream sourceStream, String fileExtension, Boolean licensed)*
*at Muhimbi.SharePoint.DocumentConverter.PDF.DocumentConverter.ConvertToPdf(SPFile sourceFile, SPFolder destinationFolder, String destinationFileName, Boolean copyMetadata)*

Attached you will find a simple command line test harness to reproduce the problem. Both the source and the binary are included. We have verified this problem occurs on 32 Bit Windows Server 2003 as well as 64 bit Windows Server 2008.

Hi
Thanks for your request. I already created the issue #7659 in our defect database regarding this problem. I will notify you as soon as the problem is resolved.
Best regards,

Thanks for looking into this.
FYI, we have done some further testing and found the same problem in a further 12 documents, which come from a completely different source.
The problem is not isolated to our test document.

Hi
If you can, please attach other files for testing. This could help us to fix the issue.
Best regards.

I can only give you the newly attached document. Hope this helps.

Thanks you for additional information. We will further investigate the problem and provide you more information.
Best regards.

Hi,

It has been about a month since the last release, when can we expect a version with these issues fixed as this is holding up our product release?

Regards,

Jeroen Ritmeijer

Hi

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, the issue is still unresolved. I will notify you as soon as it is fixed.
Best regards.

That is very disappointing. Can you give me an indication when the new version (any new version) is due?

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Aspose.Words releases usually are published every 3-4 weeks. So, the next release will be published within a week or two.
Best regards.

Hi Jeroen,
New Aspose.Words version will be out before end of March and we will do or best to include fixes for your issues.
On another note, I would like to mention that we fully understand and appreciate that you’ve built your commercial product in which Aspose.Words plays a key part. I can only ask you to understand that we are doing our best in improving existing and developing new features for all customers. The development and release cycles that we have now suit us well and seem to suit most of the customers. It means we are trying to produce a new minor or major release every month and we are trying to include as many fixes as we could. However it also means that sometimes we might miss or delay a release and also that fixes that you reported are not guaranteed to fit into a particular release.

Thanks for getting back to me Roman, as always Aspose’s customer service is excellent.

The ‘one release per month’ is generally fine with us. In this particular case I would have liked some kind of ‘hot fix’ service for just this one bug. However, as we are a software development company we do understand your position very well.

We are a small startup company and this is our first product so we are keen to get it out of the door so we can start generating some income. Basically we purchased your product a couple of months ago and cannot actually use it.

Anyway, looking forward to the imminent release. We’ll be on it the moment it is out.

Hi Jeroen,
You can enable email subscription on this page to get notification when new releases are published
https://releases.aspose.com/words/net
Best regards,

I am happy to tell that #7659 was fixed and will be released in the next few days. The failures in all of your documents were caused by one problem introduced in our code recently. Strangely it did not show up on thousands of our existing test documents.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 7659) have been fixed in this update.

Thanks, thinks are working again and we can move forward with testing.

Regards,

Jeroen