Processing xslx files destroys pivot table - java cells 1.9.4 patched 7/3/08

If you open an xslx file and then write it out again, pivot table information is lost
See xlsx file uploaded in previous bug report (range names not found) for example file.

Code involved is

workbook = new Workbook()
workbook.open(‘resources/spreadsheets/DriverDebriefBase.xlsx’, FileFormatType.EXCEL2007)

response.setHeader(“Content-Disposition”, “attachment; filename=${filename}”)
response.setHeader(“Content-Type”, “application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet”)
workbook.save(response.outputStream, FileFormatType.EXCEL2007)
response.outputStream.close()

This is not a problem for xls format

Hi,

Well, currently manipulating pivottables for Excel2007 .xlsx file is not supported. We will support it soon.

Thank you.

Ok, thanks. Extra pivot table functionality (filter by totals etc) is my main reason for looking at 2007 format so I’ll be keen to see it when ready.

Hi there. It’s a while since I’ve been logged in.
Has this issue been addressed yet?
Tim

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.

We will get back to you soon.

Thanks for being patient!

Hi Tim,

We are working on this feature now, firstly, we will try to retain all unsupported contents such as pivot table, Shapes when read in Excel 2007 template files and then save them back with their original values, hopefully we can provide a new version for it before Nov. Thank you for being patient.

@tim.pigden,

We supported the feature (create, manipulate and refresh Pivot Tables and shapes in XLS/XLSX (MS Excel 2007 - 2019)) with enhancements in newer versions. We recommend you to kindly upgrade to and give it a try to latest version of Aspose.Cells. Also, see the document for your reference:
Create Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts